Day 12

Truth-what do you look forward to when you wake up in the morning?
Dare-  Read a book by candle light.




I think I wrote it in the last post, Jürgen brings me coffee in the mornings.  He also takes my dog Lucy out to do her business. I'm not a morning person.  I like to wake up slowly.  Lucy will jump into my bed and cuddle with me.  It is my job to dress Jessica (my 25-year-old autistic daughter).  Jess is not a morning person either.  It is often a fight to get her going in the morning.  I often end up with bruised arms.  But Jessica is very sweet most of the time.  It is only the transitions that are generally hard for her.  I can hardly blame her.  Who likes to leave a warm bed?  Not me.  Thank God for Jürgen, and my wonderful 10 minutes with hot coffee and a very loving dog.  

As far as books go, I am 55 years old.  I need my reading glasses and light to see.  I am reading about 6 books at the moment. 2 books on leadership  
 


1 book on women in ministry, How I Changed My Mind about Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories from Prominent Evangelicals

Happy Wives Club: One Woman's Worldwide Search for the Secrets of a Great Marriage

 (a book we will study at the MOPS book club) and the book 
the search for significance by Robert McGee
 

  I think MOPS has very romantic but impractical ideas.  Most mothers I know hardly have time to read.  If they do, it is at night.  If they sat to read a book by candle light, they would soon fall asleep.  Tell me I’m not right. 





Comments