Food is always a good idea

In the MOPS handbook, it says that serving food is always a good idea. I remember one of the first things Sylivia asked me was where do we get money for food? They sometimes boil tea leaves and serve popcorn. I asked her if the women came? She said yes. MOPS was their lifeline. They needed each other. They would have MOPS every day. So I said you do not need food to get them to come. This week we decided to sponsor the 5 women that are going to school. We give them 2 dollars a day so they can just go to school and not work afterward. Most made between 1 to 2 dollars a night selling food or drinks on the street from 5 pm to midnight. But I felt it was unfair to the 15 other women that wait for a chance to attend school. So one time a month we want the women that attend school to make a feast for everyone at MOPS. And Sylivia told me they screamed for joy when they announced this plan. Even the priests will attend this meal. And the midwife we found to help Paullah deliver her baby (in the end she had a c-section) will also attend. They will celebrate Mothers day in style. Food is always a good idea, but it is not always available. I look forward to seeing the photos from the meal on Saturday. Here is a photo of Paullah and her son Philip. Both are doing well.

Comments