My name is Nangozi

Please consider donating money towards the education of Nangozi, and the other 20 teenage mothers in MOPS Kampala. We need to send them money soon for their 2nd term of tailoring school, and additional monthly expenses as they attend school. We accept paypal and go fund me Thank you. We are 9 in the family - 4 boys and 5 girls and I am the second born. I didn't get much opportunity to attend school. I only completed Grade Seven due to lack of school fees so now I am 17 years old...I used to live in the village helping my grandmother. I would wake up very early in the morning work in the garden, do house chores cook for my grandmother because she was helpless and when my aunt came over to the village that was my chance to ran away realizing I was pregnant because I knew I was going to be killed... It's an abomination and a shame...So I came to town to be with my mother. Nobody knew I was pregnant except my self..When I got pregnant, the man responsible for the pregnancy asked me to abort of which I refused because I was scared of the outcome. Later my mom found out at 7months she didn't care much... On my labor day.My mother had gone away so I went through all the labor alone. At around Midnight I had labour pains and at around 1:00am I produced my baby alone reason being when I was pregnant I used to go for antenatal teaching on how to have our own birth since the hospital (Health Center) it was way too far from where we stayed, from that message I was able to bear the child alone. When everybody returned back they we're surprised about the MIRACLE of me bearing a child alone. The father to my child has never bothered to know what's happening with me and the child...Later my mother found me a place to work from.. selling porridge and tea...When I found out about Mops I was very excited about it.I joined learned about Jesus, I have seen HOPE for the future because I was given the opportunity to learn a skill in tailoring which will help me earn a leaving and taking care of my daughter. My dream was to become a lawyer but due to circumstances that was not possible. I am thankful to JESUS and Mops for the chance to learn skills it has offered me...I didn't know any of the skills am learning I was totally empty. My daughter is 9 month now..

Comments