The challenge continues

I just finished the MOPS 28-day challenge.  And I basically answered a lot of questions about myself.  But my goal was to draw attention and raise money for the teen MOPS group in Kampala Uganda.  These are 20 teenage mothers.  Most are single.  None can read or write.  In fact, most can not write their own names.  But they all have hopes for a better future.  And Sylvia who leads this group wants her women to learn skills.  Marketable skills that can help them step out of poverty.  I somehow adopted them.  And it is now my goal to help Sylvia make this dream happen. Yesterday was a very big day for us.  We sent 5 women to tailoring school.  This is a two-year program.  They work from 10 am to 4 pm learning how to sew.   The school cost 500 dollars a term for these 5 women.  There are 3 terms a year.  We have already raised the money to cover their first term.  And I want to thank everyone who has donated money towards this cause.




You can donate money for next terms fees by pay pal, or gofund me.  We would also like to give these moms food money (2 dollars a day).  They went all day without eating.  Their children did too.  And it is not possible for them to learn well when they are hungry.  So I need to raise an additional 300 dollars a month for food. 


Comments