do not drink the water

We have already been here a week. And we celebrated the monthly feast at the teen MOPS group. It was special for me to be there. To see the workshop we helped renovate.
 this is what it looked like a year ago,and this is the room now.
The women showed up early to cook. They cook outside on wood fires. I only watched, but my team cooked. And played with the kids

I talked with the women and observed what we might be able to do to improve things there. They have a garden. It needs water. So we may put water caption in this week (rain barrels). I also brought heirloom seeds to plant. And I will teach them how to save seed. This is the women putting in the garden about a year ago. And the garden today. But the main event was the food. Everyone tells you not to drink the local water. We had a case of bottled water with us. What I did not know was the kids were helpping them selves to our water and replacing it with local water. I am sure they ment no harm. I just did not know. And I drank the local water and got pretty sick. After the MOPS meeting we went to a wedding. But I could not stay long. I was pretty ill. We managed to get some drugs. I am recovering.

Comments