The pain does not stop



Sometimes it is hard to keep my courage.  The needs in Uganda keep on coming.  It often seems like a bucket with big holes in it.  You keep pouring in the water but never seem to make any progress.  I know that it is not so. We have made a great impact.   But I am very tired.  It is so hard to keep a clear head.  Since I returned home we have a case of the measles in Kampala.  This is so frustrating because vaccinations are free for children.  And one of our women is losing her house because she has no money for rent.  The women in the soap workshop want more money.  I can hardly blame them, but we have not made a profit yet.  I cannot offer them more.  They do not understand.  To them, I am as rich as Bill Gates.  But there is a limit to my money.  In fact, I am afraid we cannot continue to offer them what we give them now.  But I am working very hard to make soap.  I have many groups willing to sell soap for us. I have to make 2100 bars of soap this month.   So I am trying hard to get it made as soon as I can.  I need a break, but I cannot take it until the soap is made.  I hope it will be delivered in time for Christmas markets. The profits from this soap sale will help us keep going.
 
We are forming a nonprofit charity in Germany.  The goal will be to raise funds for Suubi Teen MOPS in Uganda.  We need to carry this need on many shoulders.  My shoulders are brave…but getting so tired. We have been made to fight wars together.  Poverty is a war.  We must fight this together.  I am so grateful for everyone who cares, and all who take the time to pray.  Please pray for me.  I am really very tired.  And I believe Sylvia is also tired.  Please take a moment and send us a word of encouragement.  Write a comment.  Tell us you are praying.  Thank you.

Comments

  1. I am praying. That you can see the next step and yet keep the big picture in mind. That you can work at what needs to be done and yet that God will give you rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying...our God holds all things together in His hands. He is our source of all our needs. We cast every care upon Him because He cares for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment