Boxing the air

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQSrCBv0n1A

It is Friday and I am asking you to pray for Suubi Teen MOPS in Uganda. As I talk with Sylvia, I know how hard she and the women work. They are tired. But nothing seems to work. In 1 Corinthians 9:26 Paul the apostle wrote that he trains hard with a purpose. Not like someone hitting the air. There is a thing called shadowboxing. It is boxing the air. You do it to exercise. It has the purpose of burning calories I guess. But when you are running a business, you want to have your actions hit a mark. Boxing the air is exhausting. I would say they are getting tired in Uganda because all their efforts seem like boxing air. I am praying that first they can come to rest. And that God fights for them. They need doors of contacts to open for them. They make very good soap but can not sell it. They sew great products. They have no market to sell it. They go out hours and hours...in the pouring rain. They try. But they hit no mark. And it is like boxing air. Please pray for them to come to rest. And for God to direct them so their efforts actually hit the mark.
I am putting a short video of a father who was famous for running marathons with his disabled son. His name was Dick Hoyt. He just died at the age of 80. He was an inspiration because he ran with love and purpose. I feel like we all need to find ourselves running a race that God gives us. Running with joy, love, and purpose. And run like Dick Hoyt...to lift others.

Comments