noise

 It's Friday and I am asking you to pray for Suubi Teen MOPS in Uganda. It has been a loud week filled with the noise of fear and anxiety. This awful invasion in Ukraine. Our church responded by donations of blankets and sleeping bags, and other supplies they brought to Romania. Today refugees are arriving in Heidelberg. I am not very involved in this effort. We gave our sleeping bags and some bedsheets. I feel overwhelmed by the health issues in my family and Uganda. But I know many are responding to the need. And I am grateful for the overwhelming compassion I know of in Germany. We can not respond to every need. I think that's an important lesson for all of us.

My daughter Jessica (she is autistic) has not been able to attend her workshop for a month. It's been closed due to Covid. And I have no personal time because I am caring for Jessica. And my daughter Nicole had to check into the hospital last Friday because of a racing heart, and neurological issues. They checked her heart and her blood, brain, etc. They could find nothing. That's good and bad. It's not a lot of very bad things like MS and a brain tumor. I am so grateful for that. And I picked her up and brought her home to recover. It might be a post-Covid thing. She had Covid 4 weeks ago. But of course, it's all been stressful. And Sylvia and all the women at the center have had the bad flu this past week. I can only assume it was Covid. They are recovering. But I think they are probably trying to do too much. They even began to dig soil and plant grain. Yesterday I literally ran out of gas on the Frankfurt autobahn. But we have a hybrid car. I made it to an exit and ran on electricity for 10 mins until I could find a gas station. Our car only goes 30 km an hour on electricity. I had Jessica and my dog Lucy in the car. I was crying and praying because I didn't want to be stuck on the autobahn with my autistic daughter and a giant schnauzer. It may seem like a small thing, but it's been a week of stuff that leaves me so tired from the anxiety and noise. The war, the gas prices, and so much more! The enemy comes to steal, cheat and destroy. Please pray that God will wrap us up in his peace. I am in desperate need of rest. But I know I am not alone. I think the entire world needs to breathe.
The Contractor did a very good job building us a chicken house at the Suubi center. It is really very well built. Unfortunately, we ordered two storage containers online. The seller left us with two used, badly beaten-up containers (not new) and took the money, and left for South Sudan. We got cheated. But the good news is we have at least two containers. They do work. And the contractor who has been building our center put roofs on the containers and placed them on a foundation. So we can fill them with everything now stored in the kitchen. The kitchen can be finished. The walls can be plastered, and the floors finished. Soon, God willing Suubi will have a completed kitchen and dining hall/seminar room.
Progress is also made on rebuilding the goat house. It fell in a storm. It is being rebuilt with stronger feet.
Today Teddy is getting surgery to repair a hernia and remove fibroid tumors. Please pray for her full recovery. If anyone wishes to donate towards her surgery it cost 10000 euros. Find ways to give on our website. She will be unable to work for a month. She needs rent and food money. That's only 100 euros. Just mark your gift for Teddy.
It has begun to rain. Pray for the group to fully recover from Covid, and for the strength to plant. It is now the season to plant the ground. Trees and so much will now go in the ground. We have been waiting for rain.

Comments