Day 8 my name






Truth-  What does your name mean?  Hit up google to discover the attributes spoken over you via your given name.
Dare- Commit to not complaining about anything for 24 hours. 

(I got this off the internet)  Amelia is a variant of Amalia. Amalia originates in Germanic languages and means "hard-working". Throughout history, Amalia was a popular name of royalty, especially in the Netherlands and Scandinavian countries. A famous bearer of the name Amelia was Amelia Earhart, the first woman to make a solo flight over the Atlantic Ocean. Also, Saint Amelia is the patron saint of farmers, fishermen and those who suffer from pain in the arm or shoulder.

My “given” name is Amelia.  I was named after my grandmother.  And it is interesting that my grandmother was a farmer.  I actually see myself as an urban (or small town) farmer.  I feel much more comfortable wearing old jeans and boots, no makeup and my hands in the soil.  I keep chickens.  But it was a name given to royalty.  And there are a lot of royals in my family tree.  And I always felt bold like Amelia Earhart.  I was always willing to just go, and try stuff.  I do not like a lot of what modern feminist believe.  I’m very “pro-life” and “pro men”.  But I am also all about empowering women.  My grandmother was a strong woman like Amelia Earhart.  I identify with that. 
 (Also from the internet)  Amy originates in Old French and means "beloved". It has been a very popular name in English-speaking countries since the 19th century. It was popularized by Louisa May Alcott in her 1868 novel Little Women.

No one calls me Amelia.  Everyone calls me Amy.  And the name David also has the same meaning as Amy (beloved).  I often feel like King David (the great king of Israel) .  Taken from a field and given a great deal of favor.  I try to learn from David’s mistakes.  I never want to fall like David did.  But I always want to have a heart after God like David did.  


Psalm 8[a]

For the director of music. According to gittith.[b] A psalm of David.

Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[c]
You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
    and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[g] feet:
all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.
Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Comments