The needs seem to be mounting, and I begin to feel overwhelmed. Still, I shake my head in wonder.


We need to move 2 of our women, and their 3 kids.  They are living here.


I have a small mission’s team getting ready to travel to Uganda August 25- September 8.  While we are there we will try to do small projects.  For example, we want to build a chicken coop.  And I am bringing an egg incubator. At home, I am hatching my 2nd batch of eggs now.  I had to use the incubator first to see how you use it.  And now I will teach the women at Teen MOPS in Kampala what to do to hatch eggs and to raise the young chicks.  We will be visiting the soap workshop, the marketplace where they sell soap, and also the sewing workshop.  We will attend the MOPS group and celebrate a feast with them.  And we will travel to the farm where our cows will be kept.  And maybe also travel to the village where they gave out sanitary pads this spring.  They are in need of water wells in this village.  I want to see what can be done there.  One of my goals is to write a book.  So I will be interviewing all the women involved in Suubi teen MOPS.  My idea is to write personal stories of struggle, fear, and hope.  And also teach some principles about helping people escape poverty.  And include a short devotional from the Bible about the topic of each story…for example fear or hope.  I’ll include questions for small group discussion.  And I hope to sell this book as a fundraiser for the continued educational projects of the group.  I have never written a book.  I’m not sure I can pull this off.  I am going to try. 
Anyway, we are getting ready to go to Uganda.  And we can use people who will agree to pray for us.  And we need people to donate money for the small projects.  For example the chicken coop material, the rain gutters, the pallet furniture, and rain barrels.  I also have money given for 5 cows.  But we would like 10 to 20 cows.  Each cow costs 300 USD.  The cost of materials for the chicken coop and pallet furniture I do not know.  But any amount you feel lead to give will be greatly appreciated.  

We also have 2 women who are waiting for the hairdressing school living on the streets with their children right now.  I am going to send money to get them housing.  Each small room cost about 35 Euro a month but they need to pay 210 Euro (235 USD) for the 6-month deposit. They will need bedding and cooking stuff.  This will be about 100 dollars.  If anyone feels lead to help with this need.  At the moment we have no money for the 10 women waiting to go to hair school.  Our money is being spent to sponsor women through sewing school and to try to establish a soap business.  We can only do what we can do.  The needs are so great, and it breaks my heart and bank.  But if you feel lead to give, you can donate by Pay Pal, or go fund me.   We certainly thank you for your kindness.  I do not often ask for help.  But the needs seem to be mounting, and I begin to feel overwhelmed.  Still, I shake my head in wonder.  So much has already happened.  This gives me the courage to just walk forward in faith.   Thank you for your help.  
these two women have need of a home. 



Comments