What to do...what to do?

The women at the sewing workshop will finish their program next spring.   Right now we are trying to find them a job sewing something for money.  We have very young girls in the group.  Some are not even 16 years old.  They do not read or write.  It would be hard for the younger girls to make it as an independent tailor.  So we think the girls should form a business and stay together for a while.  This will help all of them get a good start.  This is a baby bib they designed and made with African fabric.  I will bring 100 bibs home from my trip.  I will try selling them.  I think they are adorable.  We are also considering other projects.  There is an organization called Girls Days that train women to make and market washable sanitary pads.  We are considering working with them, or just making pads as a business.  And there is also the option of making school uniforms.  My bags are packed.  We go to Uganda in 11 days. 

Days for Girls is here


Comments